Where to start before SLAM

Edd

Mar 23, 2015
Dallas, TX
My results as of about 6am this morning are below. My question is where do I start? I'm assuming adjust the PH first? What effect will that have on my other numbers?

FC: 0
CC: 0
PH: 8
TA: 60
CH: 350
CYA: the dot never disappeared

This is a 30k gallon plaster pool. Standard DE filter and single speed pump. I have an older SWG that hasn't been used in a while (meaning the pool has been run as regular since we bought the house).

Any help is appreciated.

You do need to lower the pH to 7.2 - correct. At the same time though, get some stabilizer in there ASAP for a beginning CYA level of 30.
To increase CYA via granular stabilizer, place the required amount as calculated by the Poolmath calculator into a white sock and place in the poolside skimmer basket. For those concerned about suction flow to the pump, suspending the sock near a return jet or from a floating device will also suffice. Best never to allow undissolved granules to rest directly against the pool surface. Squeeze the sock periodically to help it dissipate. Once dissolved, consider your CYA adjusted to that programmed (target) level. CYA test readings should show a rise in 24-48 hours, however some pools may experience a longer delay to fully register. Best to confirm final CYA in about 5-7 days before adding any more stabilizer/conditioner.

Once the pH is confirmed at 7.2, then increase FC to 12 and maintain that FC until you pass the 3 SLAM criteria. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.