Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I change the priming speed??

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I change the priming speed??

During pump start each morning, my pump starts at full speed for 2:00 minutes. During this startup, I believe that the high water flows causes some of the sand or small particulates in the filter to become suspended and pumped out the returns. The water coming out of the returns is slightly cloudy. Once the priming cycle is over the issue resolves.

Is there a way to lower the “priming” speed so that the startup water flow is not as high? Will this solve the issue, or is there something else I can do?

Thanks,

Rick
    18X39X32 T-Shaped vinyl liner IG pool, deep end is 8ft....Metal walls... Hayward Ecostar, AQL-Plus Salt, 30" sand filter...completed July 1, 2016!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I change the priming speed??

On the Pentair Intellifo VS pump you can set max priming rpm and the priming sensitivity. I have done both and it seems to be a lot better. I don't know if the Hayward pump offers the same features but these were clearly outlined in my users manual.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

You can set prime speed and either auto-sense or a timed period for priming. If you have the manual pg. 20-21 addresses this. Whatever you set highest speed for, this will be priming speed

4. Back To Top    #4

Got it. Thanks for the replys.

Cheers,

Rick
    18X39X32 T-Shaped vinyl liner IG pool, deep end is 8ft....Metal walls... Hayward Ecostar, AQL-Plus Salt, 30" sand filter...completed July 1, 2016!!