Several Different Questions

This is my first year with a real pool. (Literally before they were all the plastic kiddy pools...lol) I have had a whole lot of trial and error this summer until I found this forum and I value your feedback. I could be completely off on some of my thinking so feel free to correct me. I am trying to make a complete list what I want to do and buy during the winter and early spring to be ready for the 2017 opening of my pool.

Currently I am running the factory cartridge filter pump that my pool came with which is honestly a hot mess. My pool has two inlets and no in the wall skimmer. I know I am going to buy a Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit and install it at opening. So I am thinking that I will have three hoses or pipes running from the pool to combine to the pump in one. I have also been reading where people converted their inlets to 1.5 inch openings which I would like to do to increase the amount of water that is able to circulate. I will be vacuuming with my Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark from the skimmer. Should I only use one 1.5 inch inlet and close the other one off since I will be adding the in the wall skimmer or leave them all going? Or should I just leave them at the regular size since there are two and still add the skimmer? (So many options is making my head explode...lol) My reason for asking is I want to make sure that the vacuum is getting enough suction. These are the two pumps I am looking at and I have no experience with sand filters. I am wondering if the first one is too big but maybe not with two inlets and the in the wall skimmer. If I can use the bigger one then I would like to because eventually we will probably up the size to the 26' one but that is years away.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TNRUU...TF8&colid=1T2V0JULC68PT&coliid=I16ZF3QAT98P9A 4500GPH 19" Sand Filter with 1HP Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump made by XtremepowerUS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002V1H11...TF8&colid=1T2V0JULC68PT&coliid=I1LQ64UZEIGBIN Intex 3000 Gallon Sand Filter Pump

While we are at replacing the pump we will go ahead and hard plumb it for even better results. I would also like to upgrade the return fitting since mine just blasts out. I would like to point it to the side so skimming is easier from what I have read. This is what I have found but I am not sure if this is what I need or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Poo...51&sr=8-1&keywords=pool+return+fittings+intex

I will also be draining my pool to redo dirt work, smooth out the liner, and lower my CYA because in the beginning I was being pool stored....Grrrrr! Also any advice on a SWG that would pair well with this setup would be appreciated because I haven't even begun the research on that one. Sorry I posted such a mess of questions but I felt it was important to put them together since one affects the other.

Thanks,
Gina

What great questions :)

You are wanting to do exactly what I did.. You can use the skimmer and 1 return as suction and the other 2 openings as returns.. with the extra suction you can have a suction side cleaner attached all the time if you want..

these are a little better fitting, you will need to cut them out like I did though.. Amazon.com : Hayward SP1023G Vinyl Fiberglass Inlet Fittings for Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

as for the pump and filter, I like the first one except I would get a 2 speed pump, I run my low speed 11.6 hours a day and run high speed 20 minutes.. but as you have probably seen, it gets more expensive when you buy the pump and filter separate..

SWG: I really love the curcupool SJ model, they are cheap and do everything needed without all the bells and whistles, you also get the next bigger size for a dollar..

Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

CircuPool® SJ-20 Salt Pool System

I hope this helps :)

I posted these for someone else yesterday and figured it would help you also :)

GMigqNih.jpg

8FMxyP2h.jpg

QcEweP2h.jpg

tEpRCDJh.jpg

ywvf9H8h.jpg

moIbg37h.jpg

kFIqT0zh.jpg

nyMiMIFh.jpg

D9X6h2Eh.jpg

73upvXjh.jpg

vwkRSaLh.jpg

AMyBvAjh.jpg

Ud7u8IQh.jpg

Tymrr3Uh.jpg

dfQuIFVh.jpg

75EwBLXh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.