With TA at 90, I have been adding MA every couple of days and decided to automate using Stenner. But I learned from other members here that they don't add MA often as I do. Figured I should take the aeration approach. Unfortunately, improvising nozzle attachment to the returns is not an option in my case. So I bought an inexpensive 1/3hp sump pump to use. Grabbed some PVC and 1" fittings from Lowes. Altogether is less than 60 bucks, since I have left over PVC glue.
I have no idea where to aim the nozzle to speed up the process but here’s what I’ve done.
First photo, PH climbed from 7.2 to 7.6 in 24 hrs.
I decided to add more holes at 45 deg angle in between and aimed upwards to shoot for more air. This indeed speed up the process, at least for me. PH climbed from 7.2 to 7.6 overnight.
In less than 2 days, my TA went down from 90 to 60. I brought down PH to 7.4 and will observe. I may have to put the Stenner out of commission if PH will stabilize.
Full test results:
FC = 7
CC = 0
PH = 7.4
TA = 60
CH = 300
CYA = 50
Salt = 3000