Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterville ga

New pool owner

Well I must say I can't rush through this project like I do all the others .. Yes my family and I want to take a swim now .. but first things first ground hard been digging all day, back yard goes down hill so I was thinking I could dig around the pool and lower the highest part into the ground .... Help some please because we all think we know what we're doing but not ... So let's get this bad boy up then I need help with adding the chemicals .... That bag of shock treatment caught my eye when I seen the word exsplode .. Should have listened in chemistry 😱😱😱

2. Back To Top    #2
    Northern IL

Re: New pool owner

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully some AG pool people will chime in soon.

I would like to suggest that you purchase a testkit so that you can properly maintain that new pool!
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

The ground work IS the hardest! You are correct in digging down. Do a search for "water level" in the search box up at the top. This will help you level it.

Good luck and share some pictures of your progress. We love to follow along!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Charlotte NC

Welcome. I cannot stress the importance of getting it level. Take the extra time to do it right. I had to do mine twice. It was no fun, but much safer now.
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.