Pentair MasterTemp 250 not firing

Apr 23, 2008
StL, MO
The display works and is not showing an error code upon startup. It won't start when I increase the heat setting on my MasterTemp or when I turn Manual Heat to on and try to increase the temperature manually on the heater itself. In fact, none of the buttons on the pad - including temperature down and heater on and off - appear to be working. I ran a diagnostic on my EasyTouch panel and got error code 4 - stuck switch. I'm hoping this means I just need to replace the membrane pad on the heater. It's only two years old and I already had to replace the control board. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Inside the heater, you removed the two wire connection to the ET and put a jumper wire in its place? Once you did this, the keypad is not responding?

Not sure that your diagnostic is telling you what you think. If all you have is a two wire connection to the heater and the ET, there is no way that the ET can tell you what's wrong with the heater. The two wire connection only provides 24V to wake the heater up to start running or to shut it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.