Best test kit ?

The Taylor kit you want is a K-2006, not a K-2005.

The TF-100 is a special/custom kit made by TFTestKits.net that uses the same reagents as the K-2006 but packages them in different quantities so you get more of the reagents you use the most.

Both the K-2006 and TF-100 can test for CYA.

If you have algae issues and need to SLAM a pool, then you want to get the Taylor K-2006C ("C" is for commercial grade, all reagents come in 2oz bottle sizes) or the TF-100 with XL option.

A SpeedStir makes testing convenient and easy as it frees you hands up from having to swirl test tubes.

TF 100 + speedstir will test for CYA ?

among many other things and it's the best value. K2005 has limitations besides CYA which will force you to buy extra tests ending up with mix of tests you need to carry around. I prefer things to be in 1 box. I went with different kit at the beginning (K2006) and while great TF100 beats it in the long run.

Also remember these pool test kits are sensitive to storage conditions and have a limited shelf life (24 months from date of production), do you trust Wal-Mart to have fresh kits stored in climate controlled locations?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This time of year I would expect Wally World to have fresh chemicals on the shelf they want to get rid of before fall. So a good price on an INCOMPLETE test kit. Just saying...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.