What's your favorite pool game?

I'm browsing Amazon looking at various ring toss, ball games, and pool jousting sets, and am just wondering...what's your favorite game to play in the pool? Lots of inflatables are on sale at my local pool store right now :D (which means the prices are down to "reasonable" lol).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool noodle baseball. We had six of these (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/warrior-mini-foam-street-hockey-balls-6-pk-0835492p.html#srp) covering the bolts from the previously removed diving board. After cutting off the bolts and discovering that the balls float, we now have 42 (and probably more to come).

They float, they're cheap, a ton of fun, and you can take one off the forehead and barely notice.

Combine them with a couple floating rings - basketball. Noodles - baseball. On their own - well, let's just say it's a competition akin to in-pool paintball, without the paint.

We play a couple of games currently....

Battle ship, this is where the kids stand in the shallow end with a boogie board over their head. I stand in other end of the pool and throw items up in the air and try to hit the boogie boards. Depending on what they are I have to hit them 2-5 times before we swap positions. We use tennis balls, volleyballs and then the "big bomb" is a old nerf football that soaks up water....

Torpedo the kids swim back and forth underwater from side to side in the shallow end. While they are doing that I try and hit them with the underwater torpedo from 15-20' away. I just bought 2 more torpedo's so we can have more opps to sink each other. We switch out when someone gets X many hits. When the kids are doing it they stand closer to me swimming than when I do it.

I have a dozen fake cotton snowballs. These are intended to be thrown at each other inside i think. They work great in the pool but they pack a punch when full of water. Great baseball simulator for throwing practice in the pool.

We get super-soakers and water guns every year and have water gun battles. I've hooked up a barb fitting to a high pressure return that slides on the end of a pool noodle and let's me use the noodle like a water canon. I can almost reach the other end of the pool with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torpedo the kids swim back and forth underwater from side to side in the shallow end. While they are doing that I try and hit them with the underwater torpedo from 15-20' away. I just bought 2 more torpedo's so we can have more opps to sink each other. We switch out when someone gets X many hits. When the kids are doing it they stand closer to me swimming than when I do it.

I bought a pair of these when my niece and nephew were visiting a few weeks ago. Big hit - even with the adults. With an under-water sideways throw, they'll travel across the pool and bounce off the opposite wall. I'll definitely target the kids next time!

I have 100 colorful ball pit balls...I let them loose in the pool and a cheap $3 floatie...then we play all sorts of games with the floatie and the balls...lots of fun! these all got thrown on me and the floatie by the others until someone successfully got all of thiers on the raft and won the game! just one of several games we played last year with these toys!
P7170051.jpg

Funny pic! I thought the balls stained your legs then I saw your username. If my name were more descriptive it would be something like kindabaldmidagedavglkgguy.

And to stay on topic, we like basketball the most here.

IMG_1102.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.