Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite pool game?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's your favorite pool game?

I'm browsing Amazon looking at various ring toss, ball games, and pool jousting sets, and am just wondering...what's your favorite game to play in the pool? Lots of inflatables are on sale at my local pool store right now (which means the prices are down to "reasonable" lol).
    15k gal freeform sport pool with rock waterfall. Replastered 5/2016 with Tahoe Blue Quartzscapes
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit
    Jacuzzi 2002 J 310

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What's your favorite pool game?

Floating Beer Pong~! (ID required)
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

We had fun with a $12. volleyball net in our AGP.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've been meaning to get a volleyball net ever since we bought this house.
    15k gal freeform sport pool with rock waterfall. Replastered 5/2016 with Tahoe Blue Quartzscapes
    Jacuzzi 2002 J 310

5. Back To Top    #5

Not sure if you have kids but mine love playing with the Toypedo underwater. They glide it through the water like a game of catch. We have a 15K gallon pool and it can easily glide over half the distance of the pool to the other person.

6. Back To Top    #6

The basket ball net is a big hit.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

7. Back To Top    #7

No kids, my husband and I are child-free. We do have nieces and nephews though that love the pool!

We got an inflatable log jousting set the other day that is super fun! I really want a basketball hoop too.
    Jacuzzi 2002 J 310

8. Back To Top    #8

Pool cornhole is my favorite.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by wjr75 View Post
    The basket ball net is a big hit.

Ditto

Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

10. Back To Top    #10

Everyone loves the basketball net && a game of HORSE.

If anyone needs a hoop, this one is expensive but SUPER SOLID:
    Amazon.com : Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard : Lifetime Poolside Basketball : Sports Outdoors
    Helpful Links: Pool Chemistry 101 - Recommended Levels - Recommended Chemicals - FC/CYA Chart - SLAM Instructions - Pool Math
    Test Kits:
    TF-100 - Taylor K2006 - SpeedStir Upgrade - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test
    My Pool:
    28k IG built May 2015 - Autopilot SWG - Pentair VS Pump/DE Filter/Heat Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

Pool noodle baseball. We had six of these (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/wa...5492p.html#srp) covering the bolts from the previously removed diving board. After cutting off the bolts and discovering that the balls float, we now have 42 (and probably more to come).

They float, they're cheap, a ton of fun, and you can take one off the forehead and barely notice.

Combine them with a couple floating rings - basketball. Noodles - baseball. On their own - well, let's just say it's a competition akin to in-pool paintball, without the paint.
    Approx. 22,000 gallon 15 x 30 tile lined indoor pool, Taylor K-2006, heat exchanger from main boiler, 3/4 hp Hayward Super Pump, SandMaster sand filter.

12. Back To Top    #12

We play a couple of games currently....

Battle ship, this is where the kids stand in the shallow end with a boogie board over their head. I stand in other end of the pool and throw items up in the air and try to hit the boogie boards. Depending on what they are I have to hit them 2-5 times before we swap positions. We use tennis balls, volleyballs and then the "big bomb" is a old nerf football that soaks up water....

Torpedo the kids swim back and forth underwater from side to side in the shallow end. While they are doing that I try and hit them with the underwater torpedo from 15-20' away. I just bought 2 more torpedo's so we can have more opps to sink each other. We switch out when someone gets X many hits. When the kids are doing it they stand closer to me swimming than when I do it.

I have a dozen fake cotton snowballs. These are intended to be thrown at each other inside i think. They work great in the pool but they pack a punch when full of water. Great baseball simulator for throwing practice in the pool.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferJuniper2 View Post
    I'm browsing Amazon looking at various ring toss, ball games, and pool jousting sets, and am just wondering...what's your favorite game to play in the pool? Lots of inflatables are on sale at my local pool store right now (which means the prices are down to "reasonable" lol).
    CoinHunt!

14. Back To Top    #14

We get super-soakers and water guns every year and have water gun battles. I've hooked up a barb fitting to a high pressure return that slides on the end of a pool noodle and let's me use the noodle like a water canon. I can almost reach the other end of the pool with it.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

15. Back To Top    #15

Straight Pool, 9 Ball, 8 Ball, Snooker. All are good with me.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by harleysilo View Post
    Torpedo the kids swim back and forth underwater from side to side in the shallow end. While they are doing that I try and hit them with the underwater torpedo from 15-20' away. I just bought 2 more torpedo's so we can have more opps to sink each other. We switch out when someone gets X many hits. When the kids are doing it they stand closer to me swimming than when I do it.
    I bought a pair of these when my niece and nephew were visiting a few weeks ago. Big hit - even with the adults. With an under-water sideways throw, they'll travel across the pool and bounce off the opposite wall. I'll definitely target the kids next time!
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

17. Back To Top    #17

I love playing basketball in the pool.

18. Back To Top    #18

I have 100 colorful ball pit balls...I let them loose in the pool and a cheap $3 floatie...then we play all sorts of games with the floatie and the balls...lots of fun! these all got thrown on me and the floatie by the others until someone successfully got all of thiers on the raft and won the game! just one of several games we played last year with these toys!
    P7170051.jpg
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

What's your favorite pool game?

Funny pic! I thought the balls stained your legs then I saw your username. If my name were more descriptive it would be something like kindabaldmidagedavglkgguy.

And to stay on topic, we like basketball the most here.

IMG_1102.jpg
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

20. Back To Top    #20

Monkey in the middle, with one inflatable ball of your choice
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast