My aquarite is gone crazy

Sal512

May 17, 2015
Austin, TX
Since yesterday its showing check salt and inspect cell lights continuously ON. And its showing salt level of 2.6. It used to be 2900 just few days ago. I have pressed the diagnostics button and held down for 30 secs. Also pressed it several times to reset the unit. Powered off and on. Added a bag of salt . Nothing has helped so far. See picture attached
52f61be51e09d5a8dba0c7205c5a8f64.jpg

Make sure your system is set to the correct size cell, is set to read English units and is set for the correct output.

I messed mine up trying to reset the salt level by long pressing the wrong buttons...

Sal, the external salt tests are for your sanity but ultimately the cell won't work if it can't read the salt ;) The cell may just have scale build up, so powering down the system, rinsing it off, and if there's scale, cleaning it in a diluted solution of MA and water may be in order (see aquarite instructions for same.)

Once the cell is cleaned, if you still have problems, then it may suggest a problem with the board, in which case you're under warranty.

If after cleaning you still think its the cell, you can take it to an authorized Hayward dealer for a check. The cell will hav a 3 year warranty, so that too should be covered.

If you want to run your system with the cell removed, there's a "dummy" straight pipe replacement you can buy (eg I got one from Inyopool.com) for about $40 - some folks use this in winter to save cell, but I got it just so I could run the system if I ever need to remve cell and send off.

Hope that helps. Just know that the system reads low when the cell is fouled or when the board is having problems. Don't add salt unless you actually need to ;)

I think Griswald may have nailed it. Somehow you have switched your display to g/l (grams per liter). Conversion for 2.6 g/l is 2600ppm. Here is the instructions from the manual for making the change back.

The Salt Display shows the current salt concentration of the pool water. Readings are in ppm (parts per million). Refer to the Water Chemistry section for recommended salt levels as well as how to add/remove salt.
The factory default display is in English units (ppm). If Metric units (grams per liter) are preferred, push the small button next the display once. The display will now show the pool temperature. With the temperature displayed, move the main switch from AUTO to SUPER CHLORINATE and back to AUTO. The temperature display will instantly switch to Celsius and the salt display will switch to grams/liter. Repeat this process to switch back to English units. (ppm and Fahrenheit)

Good luck

I think Griswald may have nailed it. Somehow you have switched your display to g/l (grams per liter). Conversion for 2.6 g/l is 2600ppm. Here is the instructions from the manual for making the change back.

The Salt Display shows the current salt concentration of the pool water. Readings are in ppm (parts per million). Refer to the Water Chemistry section for recommended salt levels as well as how to add/remove salt.
The factory default display is in English units (ppm). If Metric units (grams per liter) are preferred, push the small button next the display once. The display will now show the pool temperature. With the temperature displayed, move the main switch from AUTO to SUPER CHLORINATE and back to AUTO. The temperature display will instantly switch to Celsius and the salt display will switch to grams/liter. Repeat this process to switch back to English units. (ppm and Fahrenheit)

Good luck

Marcopolo and griswald. Thanks for figuring out the right solution to my problem. I switched the display back to ppm and Fahrenheit and now it shows 2600. I added a bag of salt and it went to 3000. Now it seems to be back to normal. The red lights are gone. Thanks everybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.