Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Temporary Intex Take Down

1. Back To Top    #1

Temporary Intex Take Down

Hey Guys...

I'm having a concrete slab/patio poured in the backyard (about 20 x 70) to extend our outside living area and as place to set my 12 x 24 Intex (Actually, after one year of having a pool, I'm contemplating an upgrade to 16 x 32 . And surprise, surprise, the concrete area will be big enough for that as well!) My question is, If I empty and take apart the pool carefully, fold it nicely and place all the components onto a large enough tarp, and then cover everything really well to keep it out of the sun, the weather,and the dogs, do you think I can leave it there in the yard for a couple weeks while the concrete cures? Contractor says maybe 2 weeks...

I'm sure I haven't thought this through . So.....

What sayeth all ya'll?
    Last edited by Schnozz; 08-08-2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bob (AKA Schnozz)
    12 x 24 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame AGP, 8600 Gal; Pentair 2HP/2SP 150sqft Cartridge Filter; Hayward Through Wall Skimmer; Intex Automatic Cleaner (Fantastic); K-2006 Test Kit; Start-up 07/30/2015. First Time Pool Owner in SoCal.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Temporary Intex Take Down

I've heard of mice damaging them so maybe store the liner in a plastic tote.
    6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, skimmer/pump all in one included with the pool. City water

3. Back To Top    #3

I did that very thing to move my 24ft round Ultra Frame back in the yard 10ft. Just be sure you don't trap debris under the liner when placing it back. I have a few grass clumps between my liner and the nice smooth foamboard. Oh well.
    Intex Ultraframe, 24' x 52", 1.5hp Matrix 2 speed, 21" Hayward sand filter + Intex Ozone Saltwater System, through-wall skimmer, 1.5" PVC return fountain. Taylor K-2006 & K-1766 test kits.

4. Back To Top    #4

I second the tote, just to keep it safe.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........