Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Size does matter!

1. Back To Top    #1

Size does matter!

Or does it.....

While testing this morning I ran out of 0871 in my .75 oz bottle so did the test with a newer 2oz bottle. The drops seemed to be a tad smaller and came out of the bottle faster. FC read 8.0. Knowing that couldn't be right compared to last nights test of 6, I poured some of the 2 oz regent into the .75 oz bottle and got 5.0. Did the test twice. Each time 8.0 out of 2 oz size, 5.0 from the .75 size. A 3.0 difference is a big deal.

Since I normally test from the .75 oz bottle I'll continue to rely on that test instead of the larger one. Just thought it was worth noting if y'all happen to change bottles. Thankfully I happen to have a perfect TFP pool.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Size does matter!

Take a look here. TFTestkits has a big to report
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Size does matter!

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I read that when it posted and checked my regents and tips back then. This is a new bottle. I wonder. Oh well I poured it into the smaller one just to play it safe. Had I not noticed it though I would have thought I had more FC than I actually do. Yikes
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!