Pool half empty filter pipe came off

Shamy

Aug 8, 2016
Montreal
Hi everyone,

First time posting and new to the site. I'm also a recent pool owner. The pool came with the house when I bought November last year. The owner left me with a cracked skimmer and cut pipes which I had to repair/replace.

I opened the pool a couple of month ago and every things been running fine. This morning we noticed the pool was half empty and when I went to inspect the devices I saw that the pipe connecting the filter to the pool heater came loose and there seems to be sand everywhere. I'm not sure what I should do so I glued the pipe back to the filter and I've started filling the pool up with water. I've attached a picture as a reference and would appreciate some advice/help on what I should be doing. I'm worried that there is a larger problem here. I contacted the company where I purchased the pool and they told me it would take over a week to get someone to even look at the problem and it would cost $100 plus $120/hr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3673.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

That flex pvc is a little harder to glue than rigid pvc. Make sure to prime the surfaces thoroughly, twist the pipes while assembling and let it fully cure. The Oatey Blue cement works best. I would go get new fittings too.

Thanks Pooldv.

Should I be concerned with the loss of water and the sand around the filter?
Loss of water is to be expected when a pipe breaks. The sand however is strange as you have what appears to be a cartridge filter.

The sand may just be what was washed out from the surrounding area do to the fountain of water when the pipe broke.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.