Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 SWC Generators?

1. Back To Top    #1

2 SWC Generators?

I have a new 40,000 gal gunite pool under construction and am putting in 2 separate pumps and filters ... one for the main pool (negative edge) and one for a 5 ft water feature ... should I also use 2 chlorine generators ???
    40K gal rectangular IG Gunite ... white plaster ... 20 ft negative edge ... 2 Intelliflo VF 3050 pumps ... 2 Sta-Rite Cartridge filters ... IC60 SWG ... Pentair Thermaflo heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 SWC Generators?

Welcome to TFP
    One would be good. The water feature just circulates the pool water. Ensure the SWCG is large enough to handle your very large pool.
    Enter your pool info in your signature, helps with answering questions. Would like to see some pics of your pool.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply, Dave ...

The pool is just started ... excavation ( very little required as it's on a hillside) completed and some piers poured ... maybe pictures when I have time ... I'm also completing a new house (straw bale) ...
    40K gal rectangular IG Gunite ... white plaster ... 20 ft negative edge ... 2 Intelliflo VF 3050 pumps ... 2 Sta-Rite Cartridge filters ... IC60 SWG ... Pentair Thermaflo heat pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Take pictures and VIDEO....you will be so grateful in the future years when you need to remember how this pool came together....
    25,000 gal IG Utopia pool/Raypack gas heater/BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!!

Congrats on the impending pool 8)

Depending on which salt system you go with, 2 may be a good idea for you. Many of the units are for "up to 40,000 gallon pools", so to produce enough chlorine for your pool you'd need to run 1 cell 24/7 @ 100%. If you plumb 2 cells in (parallel, NOT series!) You can cut down on cell% and pump run time and insure that you are generating enough chlorine (the 2 cells would only be on the pool, not top the water feature)

Others will chime in on what I just said (little things like - 'just run a 2 speed pump on low 24/7' ...)
    I just wanted to mention this to you.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6

Or get an AutoPilot unit designed for 50,000 gallons.

In any case, the one, or two, SWG(s) would (both) be on the filter pump, and not on the water feature pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School