Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot Tub Etched From PH Up settling on bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Shelburn, IN

Hot Tub Etched From PH Up settling on bottom

This weekend I added apparently too much PH Up to bring my PH within range. I also didn't realize that the granules settled on the bottom of my hot tub and the seats. Anywhere that It settled it has etched the tub. It's slightly discolored and has a rough texture now. As soon as I realized what happen I got the PH back within range and scrubbed the areas however they are still rough. Is there anything I can do to smooth these surfaces out? Maybe wet sand with very fine sand paper like autobody shops use? I have asked the manufacturer but figured I would reach out here while I await their response.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Hot Tub Etched From PH Up settling on bottom

you can try taking your CSI down to the -0.3 range and scrub daily.. it will take a while but it should work good
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Hot Tub Etched From PH Up settling on bottom

Yes, you can most likely use wet/dry sandpaper to smooth the surface. What type surface is it?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach