Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The pool store...

1. Back To Top    #1
    North Ogden, UT

The pool store...

So I went to the pools store this weekend........In the hopes that this one didn't fall into the normal category of clueless...

Just had to go to get a new skimmer plate and some DE.. Asked the lady for both so she had to go look for the plate. Took some time to wander around the store..

Looked in a bunch of nooks and crannies to see if they had any goodies stashed and found something... They actually stock Taylor reagents!! Surprising!! Although I didn't see any taylor kits around... so I asked the lady if they carried them.. She said they did but didn't bother showing me where they were. I just happened to notice them behind the register, on the bottom shelf of a small cabinet... Also, her tone changed right after I asked about them...

During my check out, the phone rang... It was a customer that sounded concerned about some levels... She advised him he was in need of a super shock... Poor lost soul is about to spend too much money on something he really doesn't need... I wanted to grab the phone and tell him about TFP... While she was talking to him I also noticed how prevalent the test strip kits and OTO were right around the register, while the taylors are sitting there quietly and dusty....

Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: The pool store...

exactly what I have seen
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Columbia, SC

Plus, those reagents have probably been sitting there for years and are way expired......

Always but where you get fresh reagents
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon