Salt setting?

Apr 10, 2016
Punta Gorda Fl
On my panel my salt level was already set at 3300 when we moved in and I never adjusted it...I was reading where 2700 to 3400 is normal....other than setting it exactly in the middle of 2700 and 3400 would it be advantageous to have it set closer to the low or high side?

The salt level that you are seeing is the cell reading the salt level, you are not able to change it.. you will need to test your salt level with a drop test kit to see what the actual level is.. they can be very different depending on how old the cell is...

As the salt cell ages the salt reading go down and you will need to add salt to the pool to make the cell happy.. there is a point where you will need to replace the cell before adding more salt but most cells die before that point..

this is a good one :)

TFTestkits.net

That is the percentage at what your cell is working on ... 30%.
That is good, that means your cell is working good and produce the necessary chlorine lever at only 30% work.
I have mine at 30% too and my FC is 7ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.