I just recently set up a pool and didn't educate myself first on pool chemistry. I added shock to the pool thinking I'd be 'ahead' of the curve. Obviously I didn't need to do that. I have a floating tab dispenser. My pump is a Krystal Clear 635t that came with my 16' ultra frame intex pool. I let the filter run overnight and I woke up to a slightly less green pool. The filter is trashed (gonna get new ones today). I washed it off a bit and I'm letting it run all day as well. I have read that it is mostly due to metals in my water since its well water and my shock was a copper algecide. Is there anything I can do to quicken the process of clearing the water? I read on pool school that lowering the ph slightly can help but I dont wanna start adding anything right away. Also, i plan on getting metal sequestrate today too but i'm unsure if that works readily.
Kids haven't seen pool yet and don't want them to be underwhelmed by the green. Any help is appreciated.