Valve help needed

Continuing the effort to bring a neglected frog filled swamp back to life. New liner install finally completed this week and the pool is full of water - what a difference! Did a deep clean on the sand filter today, flushed out a lot of small needles from a hemlock that is near the pool. Put things back together, primed the pump and started it up - then lost prime. After some trial and error I found that the system worked well when pulling water from the bottom drain, but would lose prime when I switched the skimmer valve on. After more investigation I found a crack in the body of the valve that goes to the skimmer. The valve is a Hayward SP 722-UA printed on the side of the housing), which is a 1 ½" ball valve that has a union on each end. I have looked on line, can only find the single union version - does anyone out in TFP land where I can find a replacement?

Continuing the effort to bring a neglected frog filled swamp back to life. New liner install finally completed this week and the pool is full of water - what a difference! Did a deep clean on the sand filter today, flushed out a lot of small needles from a hemlock that is near the pool. Put things back together, primed the pump and started it up - then lost prime. After some trial and error I found that the system worked well when pulling water from the bottom drain, but would lose prime when I switched the skimmer valve on. After more investigation I found a crack in the body of the valve that goes to the skimmer. The valve is a Hayward SP 722-UA printed on the side of the housing), which is a 1 ½" ball valve that has a union on each end. I have looked on line, can only find the single union version - does anyone out in TFP land where I can find a replacement?
Is it possible that someone added a union to the valve?

Can you post a picture?

Dom

Called Hayward pool products, got a really annoying recording that repeated every 30 seconds and stated that they were experiencing high call volume and that I should fill out the on line form for quick service. I ended up hanging up the phone, it been nearly 2 days and no response to my Email. Ended up smearing the outside of the valve where it was cracked and putting things back together. Wish us luck, will try tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.