Mustard algae??

Herbie

May 22, 2014
Muncie, Indiana
So for the last few weeks I've noticed rust looking debris on the bottom of pool sporadically throughout. Not sure if it algae as the water is clear. Brushes up easily but in a few days it's back again. I back washed today and there was a lot of greenish water in the glass piece. We have had in unseasonable hot summer. And I noticed chlorine dropping significantly after a day or two of adding liquid chlorine. I've tried to find the amount I need to slam the pool but can't seem to find it on the forum. I'm just nervous to slam because I already have some wrinkles in liner and really don't want to add to it. My test results are:
Fc: 13
Ph7.4
Cc: .5
Tc: 13.5
Calcium: 250
Ta: 130
Cya:60

Any help?

no need to worry about the SLAM, it will not hurt your liner :)

the page you're looking for is in my sig below also here Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart.. Your SLAM FC will be 24 for CYA of 60

I do not think it is mustard algae, you may have some metal in the pool or it may just be the beginning of an algae breakout.. could you post a pic so we can see what's going on

I hope this helps :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.