Hey guys,

First time home owner and pool owner!

When I first moved in, pool was green. Followed the pool stores advice, which meant throwing a bunch of shock, algaecide and clarifier at the pool. It did actually end up clearing the green out, but left the pool very cloudy.

Fast forward a bit, and my pump starts leaking, so I stop running it (didn't want to damage the bearings). I turn it off, and replace the shaft seal. This fixed the pump, but I waited too long and the pool turned green again.

After reading some articles on this site, I'm ready to try and follow the SLAM and TFPC methods to get this pool clean again.

Wish me luck!

Hey guys,

First time home owner and pool owner!

When I first moved in, pool was green. Followed the pool stores advice, which meant throwing a bunch of shock, algaecide and clarifier at the pool. It did actually end up clearing the green out, but left the pool very cloudy.

Fast forward a bit, and my pump starts leaking, so I stop running it (didn't want to damage the bearings). I turn it off, and replace the shaft seal. This fixed the pump, but I waited too long and the pool turned green again.

After reading some articles on this site, I'm ready to try and follow the SLAM and TFPC methods to get this pool clean again.

Wish me luck!

Welcome!

One thing is to get it clean and quite different - to keep it that way, TFPC method is quite good at both, I think you'll like it :).