Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello!

Hey guys,

First time home owner and pool owner!

When I first moved in, pool was green. Followed the pool stores advice, which meant throwing a bunch of shock, algaecide and clarifier at the pool. It did actually end up clearing the green out, but left the pool very cloudy.

Fast forward a bit, and my pump starts leaking, so I stop running it (didn't want to damage the bearings). I turn it off, and replace the shaft seal. This fixed the pump, but I waited too long and the pool turned green again.

After reading some articles on this site, I'm ready to try and follow the SLAM and TFPC methods to get this pool clean again.

Wish me luck!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hello!

Welcome to TFP

I hope you have a good test kit to follow through with SLAM? You won't find any shortage of help here if you do
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

+1 to a good test kit. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It is the best value, here's why, Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by azurepancake View Post
    Hey guys,

First time home owner and pool owner!

When I first moved in, pool was green. Followed the pool stores advice, which meant throwing a bunch of shock, algaecide and clarifier at the pool. It did actually end up clearing the green out, but left the pool very cloudy.

Fast forward a bit, and my pump starts leaking, so I stop running it (didn't want to damage the bearings). I turn it off, and replace the shaft seal. This fixed the pump, but I waited too long and the pool turned green again.

After reading some articles on this site, I'm ready to try and follow the SLAM and TFPC methods to get this pool clean again.

Wish me luck!
    Welcome!

One thing is to get it clean and quite different - to keep it that way, TFPC method is quite good at both, I think you'll like it .
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeH View Post
    Welcome to TFP

I hope you have a good test kit to follow through with SLAM? You won't find any shortage of help here if you do
    Yes actually, I ordered a Taylor K-2006 from Amazon. Expecting it to arrive Wednesday.