Help...adding dedicated pool cleaner line to existing IG pool

Jul 29, 2016
Mamou, Louisiana
Notsure if I’m posting this in the correct location but here goes. As noted in mypost about what pool cleaner you use, I will be changing my liner in the nearfuture. With that said, I would like to install a dedicated pool cleaner linein the event I end up not purchasing a robotic pool cleaner. When I built mypool in 2004, I had the foresight to add a wall fitting on the back wall of mydeep end for the future addition of a fiber optic light. Fast forward 12 years…stillno light. I have been kicking myself ever since for not adding the dedicatedcleaner line on the side wall at that time. Does anyone know of an easyinstallation process for the cleaning line wall fitting? I am really notenthused about digging a giant hole beneath my pool deck to get in there toinstall the wall fitting nut behind my polymer wall. Is there some retro-fitwall fitting that I can epoxy and just screw to the wall with counter sunkscrews? Is there an over-the-deck solution that isn’t horrible looking or iseasily removed when not in use? Is it possible to use the fitting on the backwall? Any help, ideas, opinions welcomed.

I am not sure if what you want to do is possible but what I am sure of is that it would sure be a lot less expensive to just get a robotic cleaner. It will clean better and use less energy to do so.

I vote with Mas. Robots are less expensive to start because you buy only the Robot. Moreover they use a lot less energy.

I'd need to see a picture of your pool but I suspect there is a way to run a line to your pool and secure it to the wall. What type of wall do you have?

Thanks, but it's not necessarily the expense I would be worried about as much as I would be of the extra work...LOL. If I were to choose installing through the wall or plumbing from the end wall, the cost would be minimal $50-$100 for wall fitting and pvc piping.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinyl lined polymer walls.

- - - Updated - - -

Vinyl lined polymer walls.

With those walls its possible to cut a small section of wall install the return fitting and repair the wall. Depending on your setup you would tunnel a feed line from the hole it the wall under the deck. Depends on whats happening with your pool and how much you want to spend.

Gwegan, It's more like me using a 3 inch hole saw to cut throught the approximately 3/8 inch thick polymer (i call HD plastic) wall. Typically during the building phase I would insert the through wall fitting from the inside and then tighten it up from the outside of the wall with the accompanying nut. I guess I was hoping to hear from a more experienced polymer wall pool person who may have experience with this. I was hoping to hear that by epoxying the fitting to the inside of the wall and then installing countersunk screws would be sufficient. I am also still heavily considering just utilizing the installed fitting on the end wall that I installed initially for a FO light. The fittings were glued and tested before backfill. I am just uncertain as to how the pool cleaner would behave due to the extra length of hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.