Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PAL 2000 not working correctly. Options?

1. Back To Top    #1

PAL 2000 not working correctly. Options?

Our pool lighting consists of three PAL 2000 multi-color lights. When power is supplied to the lights, they quickly cycle though the various colors. I like to call it "epileptic mode." I can toggle the power all I want... they never work correctly.

I don't know how these fixtures are put together, so I'm not sure what is up. If there's a controller in each fixture, perhaps that is damaged? It seems odd that they all exhibit the issue.

What I would really like it to replace the fixtures with a single, blue or purple color. I don't really need red, green, etc. Just something to light it up at night and look good. Is there a replacement I can swap in without much fuss?

Thanks!
    16x34 Oasis IG Liner Pool with Cozy Cove, Sta-Rite s7m120 Mod Media Filter (1 hp), Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro Pump, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm Heater, LED lights, Hayward Goldline Aqua-Rite SWG (T-15 Cell) and TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PAL 2000 not working correctly. Options?

On my lights, I have the option to let them cycle through the rainbow, or when I get to a color I want it to stay on, simply toggle the power-on switch quickly "off & on". Just a quick toggle which keep the lights in that color I want. At least that's how my system operates anyways.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    On my lights, I have the option to let them cycle through the rainbow, or when I get to a color I want it to stay on, simply toggle the power-on switch quickly "off & on". Just a quick toggle which keep the lights in that color I want. At least that's how my system operates anyways.
    That's part of the issue... they're all out of sync now. Two of them are just stuck on the cycle mode (except it's more like a freak out than a normal cycle).
    16x34 Oasis IG Liner Pool with Cozy Cove, Sta-Rite s7m120 Mod Media Filter (1 hp), Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro Pump, Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm Heater, LED lights, Hayward Goldline Aqua-Rite SWG (T-15 Cell) and TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh .... yikes. That is odd then. You could have a good headache before the evening is over watching that strobe light show.

I'm not sure if there is a master reset of some type for those things. Maybe someone else will have an idea or you could call a PAL-2000 distributor to ask.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!