Help...Spots on vinyl liner

dam623

Jun 1, 2009
The bottom of my pool vinyl liner has some irregular shaped stains. Some stains are larger in size than others. The stain color appears to be light to darker brown and brushing does not remove the spots.

Does anyone have any insight as to potention issue and the cure? Thank you.

The only test result I currently have to share are from my own. I use the Frog chlorinating system so I don't get a chlorine reading, but I have the dial set to 4 1/2 which has done well over the past 4 years. PH is 7.6 and Total Alkalinity is 130.

I can tell you 100% certainty the problem is very likely your pool has too high CYA and you don't have enough chlorine. As a former Frog user, you described my prior situation exactly. Read this article here.

Here is my pool, 2 years ago, not long after I removed the Frog assembly from my system....
http://www.troublefreepool.com/post5558.html#p5558

These stains, that I had for 3 seasons, dissappeared from my pool within 3 months of switching to BBB, and have not returned.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Order one of the test kits discussed here. Order them online, unless you can find the K-2006 in a pool store (rarely have them - accept no substitute; TF100 only sold online and a better deal for the money IMHO). Having your own test kit is gonna save you a TON of money and a TON of frustration and headaches.

2. Post a full set of test results, obtained from a Pool Store. DON'T BUY anything from them....just accept the printout and say you "need to think about it". :mrgreen:

This will get you started. :goodjob:

(In the meantime, create a signature. Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. See our sigs for examples of the info we need.) :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.