Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Is it possible to replace the ends on a vacuum hose?

Is it possible to replace the ends on a vacuum hose?

Dear Friends:

I have a fairly new vacuum hose. The ends are cracking. Is there an easy repair? Anyone have pictures of how to replace the ends? I would like to save my hose if I could.

Sincerely,

Ikymojoe
    30' Above Ground Allegro (22,000 gal), 1.5hp WaterWay HiFlo Pump, Sta-Rite Catridge Filter, Polaris 65 auto cleaner

Re: Is it possible to replace the ends on a vacuum hose?

If it is the non swivel end then there are replacement available at most decent pool stores for a few bucks. I have never seen a swivel end replacement, however, so if that end is bad you might need to replace the whole hose.

They do make swiveling replacement cuffs. I didn't know it, but I went to SCP to pick up some regulars and when I opened them up they were swiveling. Which is cool and all, but I needed the regular ones... Anyway, they exist.

Can't find a picture of it but this seems to be one.

I replaced mine last year, got one of each, one with swivel and one without, ordered them online from leaslie's. Much cheaper than a new hose. I used some silicone and just twisted them on.