Vacuum head that gets dirt

Oct 28, 2014
OKC, OK
Recently bought a 19" vac head on Amazon to replace original that came with in ground fiberglass pool. It sits about 1/4" off the bottom. It won't suck up dirt except a narrow path right below the hose. I've turned suction up to full (creepy door closed and not sucking). Original head that came with pool didn't have this problem. Suggestions for a vac head that's good at getting dirt?

This is one I bought on Amazon. Amazon.com : Kokido K894 19-Inch Deluxe Flexible Vacuum Head for Swimming Pools : Patio, Lawn Garden

For what it's worth, I bought one similar to what you show, and returned it. For me just the simple smaller vacuums you can buy at your local markets work better. I think it's just because the smaller the area the greater the suction. You can't cover as much area, but I think it actually is faster using the smaller vacuum because I can maneuver quicker. I can't say that will be the case for everybody but it is for me. Obviously, if you can provide a larger vacuum with sufficient suction it would be better. For me my lines feeding my pump does not allow me to throttle everything to the vacuum. Every situation will be unique to your equipment I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My vacuum head has brushes on the underside.
I have tried the one you have pictured, and it is good for larger debris , but for the finer stuff, the brushes will loosen it up, so the suction can get it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.