What have I done??

We have had an algae problem for a while. Our CYA level was high, so we partially drained the pool and have filled it back up. I was ready to SLAM it, but after reading the instructions, it looked like I needed to raise the pH level first.
Our pool is about 5500 gallons. The pH was at 6.8. I wanted to go slow, so I added 10 oz of soda ash. This was about 1 hour ago. I just went and checked the pH, and it is above 8.0 or 8.2, whatever the highest reading is on the test kit. It isn't purple, but a pretty bright pink. I really want to add the bleach and get started. Maybe it just needs more time to settle? I have been running the pump, but this is just a Intex easy set pool, and I'm using the pump that it came with, so maybe that's the issue. Do you think it's okay to go ahead and add the bleach now, or do I need to wait to see what is going to happen with the pH? Also, prior to adding the ash I could see the bottom of the pool, it was just murky. Now it looks a lot cloudier.
Prior to adding the ash my levels were:
FC 0
pH 6.8
TA 125
CYA 50
Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.