Noblesville, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Does anybody know where I might find Coverstar parts?

Our rope snapped, but the whole wheel assembly on both sides are a mix and match set of parts; different types of wheel assemblies, different guides attached in different ways, the leading edge inserts are different on each side and both broken, etc.. It doesn't operate efficiently and is probably why the rope broke in the first place.

I found the Coverstar parts manual and could tell you the exact parts I need to get it back to a proper setup, but I've only been able to find a couple sites that sell any Coverstar parts, they only sell half of the parts that I'd need, and what they have is incredibly expensive.

Just to update for anybody that may come across this in the future (including myself), I did not call INYOPools, but I had searched their website already and did not find any Coverstar parts.

After a bit more digging I found out that the Coverstar dealer/warehouse for the central region is about 20 minutes from my house. I contacted them and they do sell direct to consumer and stock most of the common parts available for purchase at their location. That said, they gave me some prices via email, and were overall very helpful, but I ended up finding a few online retailers that had what I needed for quite a bit cheaper so I bought everything online anyhow.

I found the rope I needed listed new on eBay for relatively cheap (vs. OEM at other retailers at least, no so cheap for a rope), but overall I ended up finding a good selection of parts on the following sites:
- Blue Pool Supplies
- Pool Supply Unlimited - We Know Swimming Pools
- Active Pool Supply - The place for discount pool supplies an
- Automatic Pool Cover Parts

It looks like Coverstar changed some of their part numbers which is why I had some difficulty finding things to begin with. Anyhow, not all sites had everything I needed, and I did find a couple other sites with parts, but they were either way to expensive or their stocked parts were too limited to note here. I listed the above sites from cheapest to most expensive, for the most part - individual parts varied in price between them, as well as shipping costs. I also suspect the last one might be the online site for the warehouse because the prices they gave me were identical; that site is useful however as it has some schematics, manuals, and shows both old and new part numbers on the products.

Altogether I ended up spending about $413; for that I got two new ropes, a new wheel assembly for each side, and a new brake block for the non-motor side - all OEM parts. While still expensive IMO (is anything for pools not?), for reference, the local cover shop that originally installed the cover said the rope repair (just the one broken rope) would cost between $600 and $800; they wouldn't even quote anything on the wheels or brake block - said the tech would need to look and quote on site, which would be $199 just for them to show up - no free estimates - credit card required to make the apt. The cheapest I found the rope on a retailer site was $139 w/ free shipping. For two new ropes, two new wheel assemblies, and a new brake block, I'm guessing they would have billed me somewhere between $1500 - $2000; I'm guessing it'll take me about 2 hours to replace all of it once the parts arrive.

Can you tell me where you found the brake block? I'm assuming this is the part I need but not positive. When I open my cover, one side opens faster than the other and my pool company says the motor is fine but the brake assembly needs to be replaced. They said Coverstar is no longer in business and they cannot locate the brake assembly and I will need to have an entirely new cover system installed (and I just had my cover replace a few years ago). I am hoping I can find the this supposed brake assembly part that I need. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.