Which pool cleaner do you own?

Zodiac MX8 elite and I'm very happy with it after 2 months, the rubber pads on the bottom turbines scrub the pool well. I have it set up in the pool most of the time and run the pump twice a day for 2 hours. It cleans to the water line and I use a leaf canister to catch the bigger debris. No problems setting it up and it cleans everything but the steps.

When we swim I just put it on the deck edge out of the way. At half the price of a robot and repairable by me I had to give it a try. I'm glad I did.

I'm not sure what the total cost annually is... I've had the 280 for 3 years. I have it on a timer that runs for an hour at night and 2 hours in the fall when leaves get crazy. It does have a dedicated line that was installed with the pool. So far the only repair costs have been for the sweeper tail sponge.

I've had my Polaris 280 about the same length of time and my experience is much like yours.

I have a Dolphin M500 which has been in service since May 2015. It took a few days of use for me to figure out how all the various programs worked, due to limited instructions. It wont do my short fiberglass steps, which is to be expected since they do not afford enough purchase for it to make it from one to the next. Other than that I have had No issues. I was on the fence about the remote, but now I love it. I use it twice a week, May through September.

Aquavac TigerShark. This is the first and only cleaner that I have owned. Got it with my pool. I"m on my 11th season with it and it is still going strong.

We have the Hayward Poolvergnuegen "The Pool Cleaner" 4X suction cleaner. In case you have a smaller pool, they do offer the two wheel version cheaper. We got it for $400, with 3 year warranty. I'm impressed it does pretty well for the price point. Key things to have is a good working pump to generate proper suction to move the cleaner (Wheels moving 11-14 RPM). Other than that it comes with new hose, and connections. Cheers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.