Talk me into the best robotic cleaner

Thanks for the review smforte. Researching all these models seems some operator error/interference with run times and removal can cause bad reviews.
I haven't been completely sold on any model some of the Maytronics high end units offer better features and that top basket on the s300i series seems like what I need.

How often to you use the remote for spot cleanups?
I have to say the Polaris remote with point and turn/drive has to be the coolest tech in a remote - but then again more stuff to break:p

- - - Updated - - -

typo

The remote is acutally an AP you use with your smart phone which is Bluetooth enabled. The AP allows you to change to even more cleaning modes such as bottom only, tile only or ultra clean. I may use ultra clean once a week and I will play with the cleaner and move it where I want about once a week.

The remote is acutally an AP you use with your smart phone which is Bluetooth enabled. The AP allows you to change to even more cleaning modes such as bottom only, tile only or ultra clean. I may use ultra clean once a week and I will play with the cleaner and move it where I want about once a week.

I have the S300 which has on/off and joystick control via Bluetooth. My old Dolphin was remote-less and I used the lazy-man's remote method to spot-clean. I dragged it to the desired location by its cord and then rotated it into place.

I have found no use for the programmed feature on my Dolphin. The thing works so well that the filters are usually clogged after one cycle and the instructions say not to leave the cleaner in the pool when not in use anyway. Makes no sense.

However, don't dismiss the cord swivel. It's VERY effective and I would not want a cleaner that didn't have it or some equivalent technology to avoid cord twisting. The cord on my neighbour's cleaner looks like a bunch of Christmas lights. I don't know how it even works any more.

As for a remote, that seems to defeat the purpose of an automatic cleaner in the first place. I don't want to have to stand there steering my robot around the pool. It's supposed to clean the pool by itself without intervention.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.