Mustard is back but passing OCLT

Jun 9, 2014
Marietta, GA
So 2 months ago I was a TFP newbie, and learned a lot (thanks to all). I had a 5 day SLAM, and my water was the clearest I have ever seen it. I figured out my pool was losing about 1-1.5 ppm per day, and I was adding 1/2 gallon of 8.25% daily. Sometimes I would add 1 gallon, every 2 days. All was great until about 2 weeks ago, when I did not add anything for about 5 days. The mustard showed up shortly after. The problem I have is that I am still passing the OCLT. In fact I am more than passing it. Yesterday, I vacuumed about 75% of the yellow off the walls to waste, until I lost so much water, that I had to switch to filter to finish vacuuming. I tested last night at 8 PM, and FC was at 5.5. I added 1 gallon of 8.25% which should have brought it to 7. I just tested now (24 hours later), and I am still at 6, and today was 96 degrees, and very sunny. So I only lost the 1 PPM, that I usually lose in a day.

So my question is how can I have mustard and still pass the OCLT? Here are my numbers:

FC: 6
CC: .5 or less
CYA: 50
pH: 7.5
TA: 70

So my question is how can I have mustard and still pass the OCLT?
Circulation. You are allowing the algae to lie still and hide from the chlorine. Brush the algae up into the chlorinated water and the chlorine will kill it and you likely will not pass the OCLT (until the algae is killed)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.