New pool estimate

Jul 16, 2016
Sarasota, Florida
We live in Sarasota, FL and are just getting estimates. Here is the first. Can y'all look at this and see if there is anything we are missing or anything out of line?

We hereby submit specifications and estimate for: QTY Amount:
Standard Equipment Includes Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Clean & Clear Filter, Glo-Brite LED
Pool Package up to 425sq ft 1 $17,575.00
Screen Cage includes 2 Doors 1 $10,500.00
Skim and Paint Existing Lanai 1 $750.00
Sunshelf 1 $750.00
Flocrete Deck 1 $6,880.00
IC40 Salt System 1 $1,450.00
Deco Drain 1 $552.00
Electric Hookup for pool 1 $1,000.00
Dig and Shuttle 1 $1,450.00
Alarms Per Code 1 $375.00
Pebble Tec lifetime Warranty 1 $1,560.00
Pump and Termite 1 $475.00
Pentair Ultratemp 110,000 BTU Heatpump 1 $4,000.00
Acceptance of Proposal: The above prices, specifications and conditions are TOTAL: $47,317.00
satisfactory and are hereby accepted. You are authorized to do the work as specified.

Will there be bubblers in the sun-shelf. If not, most like them, we sure do. They are nice for sound, fun and interest and circulates the water on the sunshelf.

Do you have children or grand-children that will come over regularly. If you will have little ones to your home frequently, recommend a fence rather than alarms. You are paying alot of alarms. My fence of about 40' was $850 with a swing gate.

Do you have any drawings that you can show.

We have actually talked ourselves out of the cage so that is out. I have thought about bubblers in the sunshelf since we aren't doing a waterfall or anything like that. I should ask to see what it would cost. We are on a pretty tight budget. As far as alarms, I thought that was expensive too. From what I have heard, the county is really crazy on permits and regulations so it might be something specific to Sarasota....just not sure yet. It's just me and my husband 90% of the time. Our grandkids come down from TN once or twice a year.
I have a pool drawing from this company in my email but I am not sure how to get it here to show everyone.

We have a privacy fence already but will just have to move our latches up to 54". We did get a new estimate with footers and no cage. We might want to have one later. I have debated about the heater but since it is warm enough year round to swim here, I don't want to have to get in cold water in January. Of course cold water to me is anything less than about 82! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.