Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool estimate

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool estimate

We live in Sarasota, FL and are just getting estimates. Here is the first. Can y'all look at this and see if there is anything we are missing or anything out of line?

We hereby submit specifications and estimate for: QTY Amount:
    Standard Equipment Includes Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Clean & Clear Filter, Glo-Brite LED
    Pool Package up to 425sq ft 1 $17,575.00
    Screen Cage includes 2 Doors 1 $10,500.00
    Skim and Paint Existing Lanai 1 $750.00
    Sunshelf 1 $750.00
    Flocrete Deck 1 $6,880.00
    IC40 Salt System 1 $1,450.00
    Deco Drain 1 $552.00
    Electric Hookup for pool 1 $1,000.00
    Dig and Shuttle 1 $1,450.00
    Alarms Per Code 1 $375.00
    Pebble Tec lifetime Warranty 1 $1,560.00
    Pump and Termite 1 $475.00
    Pentair Ultratemp 110,000 BTU Heatpump 1 $4,000.00
    Acceptance of Proposal: The above prices, specifications and conditions are TOTAL: $47,317.00
    satisfactory and are hereby accepted. You are authorized to do the work as specified.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool estimate

Welcome to TFP

Nothing jumps out at me for equipment, make sure they use a pump or whole house surge protector for a VS pump because brownouts, lightning or any other electrical interference likes to kill them..

Amazon.com: Eaton 109420 Ultra Surge Protection 3Rd Edition: Home Audio Theater
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Will there be bubblers in the sun-shelf. If not, most like them, we sure do. They are nice for sound, fun and interest and circulates the water on the sunshelf.

Do you have children or grand-children that will come over regularly. If you will have little ones to your home frequently, recommend a fence rather than alarms. You are paying alot of alarms. My fence of about 40' was $850 with a swing gate.

Do you have any drawings that you can show.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

We have actually talked ourselves out of the cage so that is out. I have thought about bubblers in the sunshelf since we aren't doing a waterfall or anything like that. I should ask to see what it would cost. We are on a pretty tight budget. As far as alarms, I thought that was expensive too. From what I have heard, the county is really crazy on permits and regulations so it might be something specific to Sarasota....just not sure yet. It's just me and my husband 90% of the time. Our grandkids come down from TN once or twice a year.
    I have a pool drawing from this company in my email but I am not sure how to get it here to show everyone.

5. Back To Top    #5

Without a cage you may be required to have a fence of some kind. . If you already have a fencs around your yard, you might be fine. Check with your PB on the rules.

If you ever think you will want a cage, get the footers done now
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you having a heater installed? I can't imagine having to have a heater in Fl. I'm in Al and my pool temp gets up to 84 and I only have 5 hrs full sun. I'd rather have the cage.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

7. Back To Top    #7

We have a privacy fence already but will just have to move our latches up to 54". We did get a new estimate with footers and no cage. We might want to have one later. I have debated about the heater but since it is warm enough year round to swim here, I don't want to have to get in cold water in January. Of course cold water to me is anything less than about 82!

8. Back To Top    #8

http://s375.photobucket.com/user/sie...g.html?filters[user]=142395590&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

9. Back To Top    #9

If you copy the IMG code to the right of the pic and paste it in your post it will embed the pic and not the link.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

11. Back To Top    #11

How many gallons is your pool? You might want to go bigger on your SWCG, instead of the IC40, get the IC60. It won't have to work as hard and in the long run will last longer, thereby saving you money.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

12. Back To Top    #12

Pool is 14x30. You think the larger system would be a better option?