HELP!!! VSP comm error...do i need a new pump or an electrician?

Jun 13, 2014
Dix Hills, NY
Help!

Yesterday, as we were having a new fence replaced, I noticed the pool wasn't "on". I asked the fence installer and he said he didn't do anything. they did plug the circular saw into the gfi outlet (and removed the aquabot plug, but I can't imagine this caused the issue). I figured I'd look at it after the fence guys were finished. So last night I went to turn the pool "on" (pump/filter) and it wouldn't turn on. the check system light was on and in the window, it read "VSP Comm Error". I turned off and then on all the ciruit breakers, but to no avail, I cannot get the pump started.

I have a 60000 gal IG pool with all new equipment (2 years old). I have a Tristar VS pump and a Swimclear C7030 (8 cartridges) filter, a salt generator, and aqua plus controller and solar heat, all installed in 2014.

So what do I do? Do I need an electrician? call the pool company that did the install? Is the pump gonna be so expensive to investigate and fix that I should just replace it? Anything I can do to help myself? Any ideas are welcome.....

First turn off power. Check that all dip switches are off. Then check that the two data wires going from the pump to the aquaplus are making good contact. A at the pump should have a black wire that goes to 2 in the aquaplus. B at the pump should have a yellow wire that goes to 3 in the aquaplus.

Once you verify good data wiring, restore power and see if it works.

If it doesn't work, verify that you're getting 240 volts at the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.