Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long does calhypo take to dissolve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Jackson, TX

How long does calhypo take to dissolve?

My pool has chosen this year to torture me. I added ~3lbs of calhypo a week ago. This gave a higher chlorine level for a day and I hope a boost in my CH level since it's been low. I went to vacuum some leaves off the bottom with my water hose vacuum (don't know the name) and I get huge clouds and white milky water. How long does it take to dissolve?

It's time to resurface. I'm south of Houston, any recommendations for a resurfacer are appreciated.

FC .5 low but I generally put my chlorine in at dusk and I forgot last night.
    CC 0
    pH 8.0 I had added 1/2 gallon of muriatic last weekend so this surprised me. Added the other
    half today
    TA 150
    CH 150 maybe a bit higher but it was hard to tell

borates 15
    salt 1400
    25000 gal IG gunite plaster. Built in spa, built 1984.
    48 SF Hayward DE-4800 filter
    1 hp Hayward super pump
    3/4 hp Polaris PB-4 booster pump, Polaris 380
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: How long does calhypo take to dissolve?

I dontknow, I have never used it, but it is important not to let it sit on the nottom. Either dissolve itinerary a bucket first or brush it until it dissolves.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach