Emerald Green Water...yuk.

Okay, I'm new and this is my first thread. I have an above ground 33' pool that I just got last fall. We use the Bacquacil products. We only used it for a couple of weeks before we closed it last fall. It's the first pool I've owned and am new to EVERYTHING!

It was all good until I started vacuuming and seemed to be stirring up stuff. It became cloudy so we put new chemicals in and seemed to improve, but everytime I vacuum, it stirs up stuff and we end up with cloudy water...that is, until last week when it started getting a green tint. Now it is completely, emerald green. It is not transparent and opaque green, it is completely green. We put the chemicals in yesterday, took another sample to the store, and added more chemicals today.

I'm so disgusted with my brand new pool. The store told us that we need to change the sand out, (which was only used a couple of weeks last fall) because the Bacquacil products cause the sand to clump, thus not letting it filter. So, now, I not only cannot swim in my pool, but now I need to change out the sand, which I will only be able to use for just a few weeks bc the weather in West Virginia gets cool around the first of September. What to do???? I feel hopeless. I have a cousin coming to visit in 2 weeks and it looks like we won't be able to use the pool.

Hi and :hug: to you.........you got sold a "bill of goods" that are not so good I am sorry to say :(

Here at TFP we use chlorine to sanitize our pools. Here is a link to the why and hows:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

We do our own testing and treating as needed. We buy our chemicals from Walmart, Target, Lowes, etc.

With you starting with Bacquacil you have three choices:

-Keep the Bacquacil and keep trying to clear it.

-Dump your water and replace your sand and start all over with Chlorine (the bacquacil IS in the sand and does not get along with chlorine

-Do a conversation to chlorine using this link: Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine It is not fast but it works. You will get to see all kinds of colors in your pool while it works LOL

Please do a search in the search box at the top of the page to find other Baqua stories.

We can help you if you decide to go with chlorine. Just let us know what you want to do and we will go from there!

:kim:

Okay, I'm new and this is my first thread. I have an above ground 33' pool that I just got last fall. We use the Bacquacil products. We only used it for a couple of weeks before we closed it last fall. It's the first pool I've owned and am new to EVERYTHING!

It was all good until I started vacuuming and seemed to be stirring up stuff. It became cloudy so we put new chemicals in and seemed to improve, but everytime I vacuum, it stirs up stuff and we end up with cloudy water...that is, until last week when it started getting a green tint. Now it is completely, emerald green. It is not transparent and opaque green, it is completely green. We put the chemicals in yesterday, took another sample to the store, and added more chemicals today.

I'm so disgusted with my brand new pool. The store told us that we need to change the sand out, (which was only used a couple of weeks last fall) because the Bacquacil products cause the sand to clump, thus not letting it filter. So, now, I not only cannot swim in my pool, but now I need to change out the sand, which I will only be able to use for just a few weeks bc the weather in West Virginia gets cool around the first of September. What to do???? I feel hopeless. I have a cousin coming to visit in 2 weeks and it looks like we won't be able to use the pool.

Welcome!

Is full water drain/refill an option? Would make things much simpler if you can get fill water cheap enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.