Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New issue found when backfilling. Please Help!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

New issue found when backfilling. Please Help!!!

This is a new pool that was built about two weeks ago. Today I cleaned my filter and was starting the backfill and noticed this.

I noticed the post was wavy and that it looked like it was bulging out at the bottom. I noticed the crack in the bottom plate and then realized it was raised up in the back. This can't be good for me. Any ideas?
    27' x 54" Vogue Panache Pool 18k Gallons | Above Ground Aluminum Wall/Resin Tops and Posts | 1HP/2 speed pump | Waterway DE Filtration system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New issue found when backfilling. Please Help!!!

Looks like that standing water has caused the paver footing to unlevel itself.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

That water was only there for 20 min. It's because my back flush hose came off and water went everywhere. But I do think it somehow got unlevel. My question is do you think I should be worried and drain today to fix it? Or do I wait out the season and fix for next year

27' x 54" Vogue Panache Pool 18k Gallons | Above Ground Aluminum Wall/Resin Tops and Posts | 1HP/2 speed pump | Waterway DE Filtration system

4. Back To Top    #4

If the top rail stays level enough, I'd probably ride it out another month or so.

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

The top rail is level