Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member & New Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New Member & New Pool Owner

Well, the subject line is slightly misleading, we just started the landscaping and pool construction project today. They say it should wrap up in seven weeks, however, having just finished the construction of our home 18 months ago, I have a sneaking feeling the project will run long.

Anyway, glad to have found the forum. We've never owned a pool before so I'm looking to learn as much as I can before it's in. I've searched to forum a few times already and the information has been both invaluable and informative. I look forward to contributing where I can. Also, the BBQ/Grilling board, yeah baby!

We're blogging our pool project, actually we blogged our entire house construction, if that sort of thing interests you. It's at (with no advertisments or other monitization).

Bye for now!
    A 12'x30', 12,105 gallon, in ground pool w/ StoneScapes aggregate finish. Pentair CCP-420 cartridge filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1.0 HP pump, PCC-2000 in floor automatic cleaning system, Vision - Nature 2 mineral system and a Lectro-Pure magnetic water conditioner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: New Member & New Pool Owner

Welcome to TFP!

I suggest you read this article and see if you can swap out the N2 for a basic inline chlorinator for vacation use and new plaster start up.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner