Pentair IC40 Problem - Alternating Red/Green Salt Level Lights, No Flow

goarmy

Aug 6, 2016
CA
I have less than 1 year old IC40. It's been running perfect until now. The salt level indicators flash red and green and the flow light is solid red. The cell is spotless. Filters are clean. Water chemistry is within range (3400 ppm salt, 7.5 pH) and the water temperature is 86F. I do notice that the spa return jets are producing bubbles like in spa mode at 3400rpm. The pump is running at 2700rpm. I also notice occasional gurgling noises coming from a pair of vertical pipes with a slit cut open. I don't believe I've ever heard that before. So right now, no chlorine is being produced by the SWG and I have to manually chlorinate. Input and help is greatly appreciated.

The first thing I would do is confirm that you have good flow through the IC40.. What is your normal filter pressure and what is it now? Does the water coming out of the pool returns appear to be normal in flow?

If the flow tests ok, then I'd have to assume the flow switch is not making good contact. Could open the SWG and bend it a little, but if the SWG is only a year old, your best bet is to contact your PB and have him send someone out to fix it.

Mine always flashes Red/Green salt for about 5 minutes after I first fire up the pump.

Did you do anything just prior to the SWG not working? such as; Clean the cell, Clean the filter, move valve positions???

Is the SWG controlled by an automation system, or does it have its own power supply?

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.