Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rust stain on new plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Rust stain on new plaster

Might be the wrong place, appears wife jumped in with a metal hair clip last night this moring i found it but the is a nickle sized light brown stop on the floor. The pool brush did not help alot. Other suggestions?
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Rust stain on new plaster

Try rubbing it with a little Vitamin C pill

3. Back To Top    #3

Does it matter if it new pebble plaster, 10 days old
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)

4. Back To Top    #4

The vitamin c pill should take the stain out without harming the plaster. Just gently rub it on the stain.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, i think i got all of it out. Cant see it anymore but the sun is out now. Will check on it at dusk. It was in the deep end so that was quite a pain. Are muliple treatments sometimes needed? Again i went down with a mask and since there are some light brown or tan pebbles in the mix i do know if its all gone. The spot that i saw from the deck is gone.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sometimes a second treatment is needed. If you can't see it I wouldn't worry about it. It won't hurt anything.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Thx for the help, i was thinking i would have to drain and acid wash to get it out. Just want to catch a break on this pool, lol.

Oh and wife got much grief over this, i told her no jewlery of any kind in the pool before this happened, so she really learned here. Now i need to have a metal detector before anybody goes in. New proceedure is to check bottom of pool before going in the house for the night.

*edit, its gone. I went in the pool with a mask and snorkel, i can't see a trace of it, that vitamin C worked magic.