LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I tried using Pillows for my winter cover, and the cats decided that to gain traction, THEY had to use their claws!
I guess they discovered that the winter cover was nice and warm on sunny days since it is almost black. Needless to say, that the love affair was short lived once the pillows were deflated, and the cover sunk onto the surface, it got too wet for them.

I am looking for an alternative for this year, if anyone has gone through this and has some suggestions, it would be appreciated.

I put my solar cover under mine since it floats and I need somewhere to store it anyway.

I've used the pool pillows multiple times and they are almost always flat when opening the pool. The last couple years I have used whatever I have around. A couple cheap pool donuts and 2 Intex River Runner blow-ups, all tied together. They all fared well and are still in use but I figure if one pops then there are others to do the job. I have a friend who uses big truck inner tubes.

I've used the pool pillows multiple times and they are almost always flat when opening the pool. The last couple years I have used whatever I have around. A couple cheap pool donuts and 2 Intex River Runner blow-ups, all tied together. They all fared well and are still in use but I figure if one pops then there are others to do the job. I have a friend who uses big truck inner tubes.

My pillow did not fare well last winter either. I have 5 Intex Explorer 200 inflatable boats I am going to put in the pool upside down and tie together in perhaps a circle and then the winter cover over them. I think I will work but we will see.

Larry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.