New pool owner. Anxious to learn the tricks of the trade!

Jul 21, 2016
Oblong
We are having an inground pool installed in early Sept. and I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible. It will be 18X36, with a slide. I'm planning to get the Interfab Adrenaline, but I wish it had a smaller footprint!
We are going to put in a small pool house with a stool and sink on one end and a storage area on the other end. We are in a bit of a dilemma. We need to run our water and sewer line straight out of out basement, at ground level, to the pool house. We had planned on putting the fence gate between the house and the pool house, but now that's not possible, unless we step over pipes. We don't want to the lines to be any longer than they have to and want just a straight shot. We are thinking we will put pool house closer to house, then arrange it so the gate comes in the back of the pool house, near the center. Anyone have any better idea? We live in Illinois and husband used to be a building contractor so he knows the particulars of building the building, running lines, etc. Just wanting to see if anyone has a creative solution. Thanks for your time!