Tile replacement \ repair (matching old tile)

May 28, 2016
nashua
Hello,

I'm doing a tile fix for my friend's pool in the NE. The y are 6" tall mosaic sheets. I have done a good amount of tiling, though not on pools. As you can see in the pic's, only the top piece has popped off in several places. There are more still attached that are bulging out from the top. There is little to no thinset on the backs of the ones that popped off (they came off "clean") , leading me to believe that moisture got behind them. I see no cracking of the beam either.

My hope is to just replace the top pieces that fell off. I'm having a hard time finding the same tile anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? A slightly different shade of blue would be ok..pool#1a.jpgpool1b.jpgpool1c.jpg

I would take a day trip to Boston and hit some tile houses with pictures and samples. Talk to the counter guys and managers, especially the old guys. They may be able to identify a manufacturer and you may be able to order something similar or they may know of some guy who has half a pallet stuffed in a warehouse in Providence.

But the way to do it is to hit the tile houses. High end to production I'd stop by all of them, even if they say they sell only to the trade. Old counter guys and managers in specialty houses have tons of knowledge and experience that can be extremely helpful if tapped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.