SWG was off for 2 days, chlorine now 0

Hi there. Due to a blunder on our part (hubby put our new cell in improperly ;)) our SWG wasn't running for the last couple of days. I've been testing regularly because we've been having problems with high alkalinity but it wasn't until this morning that the chlorine tested really low. Presented with that evidence, DH fixed the cell issue this morning, so my question is: should I be adding bleach to help the SWG get the level back up? If so, is it ok to use household bleach or is it best to run out for some specifically for pools? We use a Hayward Salt n Swim and it's an 8700 gal onground/hybrid pool.
Thanks!

I got called away yesterday and was just able to test again now. The digital reader now gives a result of 4.6, and we should be at 1 to 3, so I'm glad we didn't add anything to help it along. I'll turn down the output and see if we can get it back to normal. Could it be because it's a brand new cell?
Total alkaline and pH are still high, but I guess that's another board, sigh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.