Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New plaster job with streaks

1. Back To Top    #1

Phila, PA

New plaster job with streaks

I just got my plaster redone with QuartzScapes St Martin Shade (a dark color). About a week after brushing daily and balanced water, I've noticed white streaks in the pool the look like they are like water marks from before the pool was filled. I had it filled immediately (probably only 2 hours after the plaster was done). I know I should have waited after reading 6 hours is ideal. I also has rings where the pool water stopped between fills (despite having a hose running). The color also appears to have grayed / whitened a bit in the last week. Any ideas as to what is going on? It is hard to get a good pic that isn't all reflection due to the dark color.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: New plaster job with streaks

Welcome to TFP!

I would contact your PB/plasterer first and NPT second to look at the pool.

This might help diagnose it
    Diagnosing Pool Plaster Problems

More info from NPT here on start up, maintenance and far
    FAQ | National Pool Tile Group
    Care and Maintenance | National Pool Tile Group
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    sacramento, ca

Re: New plaster job with streaks

I don't have any good advice but we recently re-plastered with Quartzscapes too and ours is fairly streaky as well. Our streaks aren't white though. But there are places that are darker and others that are lighter, and in some places you can see the trowel lines if you know where to look. Overall it looks good but it's not the greatest plaster job I've ever seen.
    15k gal freeform sport pool with rock waterfall. Replastered 5/2016 with Tahoe Blue Quartzscapes
    Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit
    Jacuzzi 2002 J 310