Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beginner's Question Re: SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Beginner's Question Re: SWG

I currently have the circulation pump running for 3 hours daily for general filtration & chlorine generation. The SWG is set at 20%. That seems to stabilize the level of FC quite well. Maybe about once a week the level of FC drops to about 3 (from my target of 4). It seems easy just to add some liquid chlorine. However, is there a reason why I should set the SWG run time above 20% instead?

[BTW, I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone for their quick & insightful responses to my various questions over the past several months. As a newbie to the pool/spa scene, your help has put me on the fast-track to understanding the basics of water chemistry].

Thank you for your help.
    Kit
    14' X 11' rectangular in-ground spa; 2,360 gals; plaster/gunite; SWCG (Pentair IntelliChlor); Pentair Intelliflo varaible-speed pump; EasyTouch4 control system; cartridge filters; auto cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Beginner's Question Re: SWG

Alright, glad TFP is working great for you. I would increase it one notch. A little more FC is always better than a little less fc. Gives you a bit of cushion just in case.

When the time is right have a look here, a new badge would look good for you!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Beginner's Question Re: SWG

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Alright, glad TFP is working great for you. I would increase it one notch. A little more FC is always better than a little less fc. Gives you a bit of cushion just in case.

When the time is right have a look here, a new badge would look good for you!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    Sounds reasonable. Thank you.
    Kit
    14' X 11' rectangular in-ground spa; 2,360 gals; plaster/gunite; SWCG (Pentair IntelliChlor); Pentair Intelliflo varaible-speed pump; EasyTouch4 control system; cartridge filters; auto cover