SLAM and TA

Jul 31, 2014
Norman, Oklahoma
Thanks everyone for your help getting me through a SLAM process, it seems that everything is clearing up nicely.

I do have one questions. Before I started my SLAM, my PH was 7.4 and my TA was 100. I know that when FC is really high that PH measurements are not accurate.

Is this the same for TA? Because I tested my TA today while the FC was at 15 and TA registered 180. (PH measured 7.8-7.9)

The only thing I have added to my pool in the last week was 8.25% chlorine bleach.

Two options. Somebody snuck in your yard and added some baking soda or testing error. Did you wipe the tip of the bottle on a damp cloth while testing? Not doing that can result in a falsely high result.

That is included in the instructions on the TF-100 which uses Taylor reagents but sometimes not in the K-2006

More detailed instructions here, Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions

I did not wipe the tip of the bottle. I read that in the instructions but didn't really understand why I would need to do that. I will retest tomorrow :)

Previously I was using the K-2006 test outside next to the pool when I got the TA of 100 and the TF-100 inside on my kitchen counter when i got the 180 result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.