FC is Climbing

Rsmith

Apr 29, 2016
Central Md.
2 weeks ago when I did my weekly test my FC had climbed from 8 (where it has been all summer) to 11.5. I reduced my percentage on the SWG from 68 to 55. Last Sunday it was 11.5. Today it was 14.5. I reduced the SWG to 35% this morning. It is a new pool (filled early May). What could be causing this spike?

Water temp was 81 this morning. I could smell the chlorine. #'s were off the chart. I set the SWG to enable off. Not sure whats going on. I'm at work now but will test again tonight. Ill probably unplug it for a few days to get numbers back to normal. Any idea why this would happen?

Possibly a defective cell? Front lights on the cell confirm that your changes in the EasyTouch automation panel are registering?

Not sure. I changed the running hours from 6-9 to 6-5 yesterday morning but when I came home at 7 the pump was still running. I turned it off manually. This morning it was running again when I looked out the window at 7 am. Does it take a day for changes to take effect? When I dropped the SWG down this morning to 10% it still showed the 40% light on top of unit. That's when I decided to turn the enable to off. The lights were still on after I did that. Just called home, still at 40%.

Something is not right with automation panel. You may need to reset it. Schedule and SWG output changes should be instantaneous (or at least take effect at the start of the next cycle).

I think that is what's happening. I just called home again and the pump was off. I had changed it yesterday to turn off at 5 instead of 7. I think the SWG will reduce its output tomorrow. Ill leave it plugged in tonight and then will look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Ill update with numbers tomorrow night. Hopefully the rest of my chemistry is holding true.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your numbers are fine. In fact, with a. FC/CYA ratio of 20% you're in "mini SLAM" mode :)

All should be fine. Just get your automation sorted out. Sometimes the logic board will go bofo if there's a power surge or dip and you need to reset the unit. There's a way to reset the EasyTouch without wiping out the programming. I've not had to do it but you should look it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.