Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump choose

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump choose

Hey guys. I'm planing on getting a new pump. There's my current pump.

A.O.Mith
    CAT B748
    SERIAL CB01-23
    HP 2.0
    SF 1.3
    HZ 60
    RPM 3450
    VOLTS 230
    AMPS SF 11.5

I just installed a Hayward S310T2 sand filter and drained the pool due to the high CYA level(around 300ppm)

My pool is around 20000 to 25000 gallons. Inground pool and spa, one skimmer, one vacuum, two main drain and a water fall.

I was wondering if I can choose a 1.5HP variable speed pump because SCE has 200 dollars rebate right now. I live in South California. Thanks for taking your time to read this. I appreciate your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Pump choose

Are you looking to replace the whole pump or just a new motor? What model pump do you have, if you go with 1.5hp you would be downsizing a little.

3. Back To Top    #3

Does that pump also operate your spa? Or only your filter? Filter only then yes the 1-1/2 hp VS is fine. If it is running your spa too then you might want to go with a 3hp VS pump.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kadavis View Post
    Are you looking to replace the whole pump or just a new motor? What model pump do you have, if you go with 1.5hp you would be downsizing a little.
    I'd like to just switch the motor. But the pump is a little bit old, I'm afraid I may not be able to find a replacement part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Does that pump also operate your spa? Or only your filter? Filter only then yes the 1-1/2 hp VS is fine. If it is running your spa too then you might want to go with a 3hp VS pump.
    The pump operates both the pool and the spa.